Monday, June 15, 2009

Joy

Joy is knowing there was no cancer in my son's body. For the past two weeks we lived in limbo. A dr. had told us that our 31 year old son had testicular cancer. I wanted to scream and shout and fight back. But there was no one to fight. I tried to be strong for him but he was the strong one.
I cried continuously. I prayed and I praised God.

We are to Praise Him no matter the circumstances. I was praising Him and I knew He knew my tears and knew my pain.

Being a Christian does not mean there will not be pain and sorrow. It means that Jesus Christ is by ourside and guiding us through. We become stronger through our trials. I know all of that and believe it deep in my heart. Yet I hurt.

I feel as if a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. A good CAT Scan....brought me joy.
My joy runs deeper than that. Friends and family gathered together to lift us in prayer. We were anointed in oil and love and praise and prayers.

I learned a lot these last year weeks. I learned it is time for me to slow down. I learned to hold my family closer. I learned to love them deeply at all times. I learned God loves me enough to send me a message through a kind stranger and through dear friends.

I found a hymn that I claimed as my own.

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righeousness

On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand.

I will stand on the ROCK
I will hold tight to my Savior............for He lives

dg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! We want to hear from you. Please keep it clean.