Monday, May 11, 2009

May 11, 2009

Yesterday was Mother's Day. My day was very special. One son and his family came for dinner. Another was on vacation but called twice to tell me how much I meant to him. I received a delightful message from my daughter.

I know I'm proud of each of my children. Not for what they have accomplished but for what they are inside. They are good people. When I look at them I see kindness and compassion. I like my children as well as love them.

I spent sometime yesterday thinking of my own mother. Perhaps I've been too critical at times. After all if I can admit I am not perfect how can and why should I demand perfection from her. We are each a product of our childhood. We of course shape our own future but those past influences will always be there.

Share something about your Mother's Day.....

2 comments:

  1. I know your mother. I think you are justified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to look forward. It isn't always easy but I do not want to look back.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! We want to hear from you. Please keep it clean.